First, there was Scare in the Square, then there was a Nightmare on Gay Street, and now your friends at Slamdot are taking it BACK to Market Square for the 3rd Annual Scare in the Square!
This Halloween, if you’re in the mood to see ghosts, watch zombies, play with werewolves, converse with vampires and hang with superheros, all while taking in some great live Halloween music from a local band, and enjoying food, games and other entertainment, then come Friday, October 28th, there’s no other place you should be than Scare in the Square! And the best part is, there’s no admission to attend!
Below are the highlights, but you can get full details with directions, times, parking info, games, entertainment and food vendors at www.scareinthesquare.com.
– So, when is it again? Friday, October 28th, 2011.
– And what time? 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
– I forgot, where is it? Market Square in downtown Knoxville.
– How much does it cost to attend? It’s $0, that means no admission whatsoever! But you should bring a little money for some of the food and entertainment vendors.
– So, what is this Scare in the Square all about?? Glad you asked! Check it out…
- Live Music by Bedtime for Dracula
- Live Performance of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” by Momentum Dance Lab
- Candy Crawl on the Square
- Costume Contests with Prizes
- Pumpkin Carving Contests among downtown businesses
- Face Painting by Royal Magic Events
- Magic Show by the Pressley Brothers
- Fortune Telling by Wisdom Wagon
- The Paranormal Sensation with special guest appearance by Eunice Hatfield
- 2 Haunted Bounce Castles (will close at dusk for safety purposes, so come early!)
- Kid’s Halloween Games
- Spooky Photo Booth from Memories in a Flash
- Creepy Critters from the Knoxville Zoo
- Food Vendors, including Bread of Heaven BBQ, Scooter Doo’s Hot Dogs, and Rita’s Italian Ice
- And much more! Much, MUCH, more…
So, if you’re 10 months old, or 10,000 (you know, like Vampires), then you should come check out Scare in the Square, and bring your friends, family, spouse, and anyone else you think has a cool costume!
Don’t forget, mark your calendars for Friday, October 28, 2011, from 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm, to come celebrate Halloween in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere on Market Square in downtown Knoxville.